Youtube hides a dark mode within developer settings, but it is easily accessible to the public. Dark Mode will simply turn any white background areas of YouTube’s pages black. This article will detail in depth how to activate it.
Do note, this is different from the various night modes that are available. However, using both dark mode and night mode in unison will be the ultimate prevention against eye strain!
Start with Chrome
One little caveat to this process is that you must be using Google’s Chrome browser and be logged into an account. If you are good with that, read on.
1. Visit YouTube.com.
2. Press “Control + Shift + I” on a Windows PC or “Option + Command + I” on Mac.
3. In the newly opened window click the tab that is labeled “Console.”.
document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" into this tab’s window.
5. Press Enter on your keyboard.
6. Close the developer tab and refresh your page.
Activate Dark Mode on YouTube
1. Click your channel’s icon in the upper-right corner of the YouTube home page.
2. From the dropdown menu select “Theme” to change the status.
3. Change the theme from light to “Dark.”
In conclusion, activating YouTube’s Night Mode will provide you with exactly what is suggested as well as a few other developer features. What are some other features you have found? Having trouble setting up Night Mode? Either way, leave us a comment down below!